Pricing Yourself - ...

Pricing Yourself - Private Events  

RSS
LeonardP
(@leonardp)
New Member Registered

How much negotiating do you do for private/wedding/corporate events? Do you have set prices and are they publicized, or do people have to 'contact you for rates'?

Posted : 19/09/2018 1:58 pm
LeonardP
(@leonardp)
New Member Registered

I thought this was an interesting approach. Prices upfront and public. I never did it this way, but I think this would definitely get some inquiries. People might call to find out what the packages included vs. seeing the package and wondering the price.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/09/2018 2:00 pm
Chonk
(@chonk)
Eminent Member Admin

We do similar although we don’t advertise it. We have a set price for our full 4 hour show with PA, Lights and soundman. We then have a price without PA and lights, a corporate/private party price, an acoustic price and a festival price. 

One thing we will also do is take a lesser fee for a new club. As long they know what our normal fee is when they re-book  us, this gives them a chance to “see how it goes”. We’re confident of our show and draw that it’s never been an issue. 

Lastly, when I was in a touring band with label/booking support, we’d get a minimum guarantee that was fair IF no one showed up and then a percentage of the door over x amount of people. That way if  there are more people than expected everyone makes more. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by Chonk

"Ima drop a funk bomb on you"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/09/2018 6:00 pm
Share:

Please Login or Register