Forum

What keys do you use and why?  

RSS

The Rascal
(@wezemery)
New Member Registered
25/09/2018 2:27 pm  

I currently play a Roland Jupiter 80, but may update in the next couple of months primarily because of the weight- in a flight case it is a stupid heavy. I like Roland gear and, if not a straight "piano/organ" song, split the keyboard in maybe 3/4 places depending on the tune. So... Am I best getting new keyboard or should I get a Mac and a midi controller for all the sounds- how reliable is that as a set up? what programs should i use? Any help/experience gratefully appreciated!

ReplyQuote
Larry T
(@lithatt)
New Member Registered
27/09/2018 1:34 pm  

I just bought a new Yamaha MX88 to replace my 20-year old Roland R9. It's a very cool board, is perfect for my needs—pianos, EPs, brass and strings for classic rock—and didn't break the bank ($1,000).

The Yamaha now sits under my Roland VR-09 hooked to a Vent II, which I use mostly for organs.

Here's a link to video from a recent gig where I used the Yamaha for the first time.

On the Air - You Can Leave Your Hat On

Here's another video from our recent show at Band Night at The Summit in Summerlin... Performing "You Can Leave Your Hat On" (Randy Newman/Joe Cocker) with Blaze having a little fun with the lyrics and the audience.

Posted by On the Air - Classic Rock Band on Tuesday, September 18, 2018

BlueSkyBag liked
ReplyQuote
JPetrucci84
(@jpetrucci84)
New Member Registered
27/09/2018 10:52 pm  

I recall seeing this thread in the FB Group, but I'll post again just in case it was missed. I have a Korg Krome 88 weighted, and I love it. The only reason I would ditch it would be to upgrade to the Kronos 88 weighted. It has great sounds, very easy to program sounds, do song orders and others. I'm going to start trying to use it with Ableton so we'll see how that goes.

ReplyQuote
BCool
(@bcool)
New Member Registered
27/09/2018 11:44 pm  

Crumar Seven just came out.. pretty awesome. Great classic vibe with amazing sound. All controls right in front , easy access, no menus. Old school but new. Sweet board

ReplyQuote
Retroband
(@iannijd)
New Member Registered
05/02/2019 4:00 am  

I use a Nektar LX88+ and Alesis Vortex 2 since all my sounds are from a laptop. On the laptop I use Ableton Live, Native InstrumentsKomplete and various other virtual instruments. Every song has a unique setup since I play mostly 80s pop/rock.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Yes No

Working

Please Login or Register